Add: Huntingball Lodge, Blue Anchor, Minehead, Somerset, UK
Tel: 0044 1984 640076
Mobile: 0044 7403 119322
Blue Anchor has a station on the West Somerset Steam Railway, seafront and is within 2 miles of the local post office/shop at Carhampton together with village church, hall and inn. The historic port of Watchet with its Marina and everyday amenities is approximately 3 miles, West Somerset's premier coastal resort of Minehead is approximately five miles where there is an excellent range of shopping, banking and recreational facilities.
The County town of Taunton which has mainline rail connections and access to the motorway network and is approximately twenty miles to the east. For those who enjoy exploring the countryside, the Brendon, Quantock and Exmoor Hills and many renowned beauty spots of the area are all close at hand.
- From Minehead proceed on the A39 towards Williton by passing Dunster.
- Proceed through the village of Carhampton and on leaving take the left hand turn signposted Blue Anchor.
- Follow the road for approximately two miles and on reaching Blue Anchor, proceed over the level crossing for the West Somerset Steam Railway and onto the seafront.
- From there, continue on to the very end of the seafront taking the right hand turn signposted Chapel Cleeve.
- The entrance to Huntingball Lodge will be found shortly after on the left hand side.
If you are approaching from Taunton, you may be interested in experiencing the historic steam locomotives train from Bishops Lydeard to Blue Anchor.
A true country branch line of the old Great Western Railway is full of fascination whether you are looking for a nostalgic ride back in time through lovely countryside or to study the railway and industrial heritage which the line preserves.
The train also holds a variety of events: Catering Specials, Driving Experience's and Children's activities. For the timetable and events, please visit: